Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Liebster Award

Sammuel's mommy at, Nothing Without You, has nominated my blog for a Liebster Award.  I am very honored and I thank you, RaeAnne.


   
What is the Liebster Award?  It is an award that is  granted to "up and coming" bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging.  Liebster is German for among others, valued.  I am touched that my blog is valued.
My journey of 37 years enduring babyloss experience, I hope has helped others and been of some value to each reader of my blog.  

    Here are the rules:

1.  Answer the questions sent to you by your nominator.
2.  Pick 11 blogs to nominate.
3.  Write 11 questions for them to answer.

    Here are my answers to RaeAnne's questions: 

1.  What do you love most about your baby/babies?  
     Since my son and daughter were stillborn, I have pregnancy loves with them.   Each child talked to me through their movements in my womb.  A kick would mean to me that all was well, I love my mommy's voice, or a simple, "Good morning, Mommy!"  Another movement were their stretches after waking up from a nap.  Sometimes I would even get a foot or rump sticking out!  That was so awesome!  So I must say my babies' movements were what I loved most about them.

2.  What character from a book would you like to meet (even fiction) right now?   Why?              Allie in "The Notebook."  I would like to meet her because she chose Noah, true love, and a simple life over wealth and high society.     

3.  If someone could bring you a meal right now, what would it be?
     Beef Stew

4.  What is the best thing someone said to you after your loss?
     "I can't begin to understand what you are going through."

5.  What reminds you of your baby most?
      Spring with its sunny weather because my son died on May 2, 1975  and my daughter May 31, 1982.  Both days were warm sunny spring days.

6.  What is your favorite song/book/movie?
     My favorite movie is "Pearl Harbor" with Ben Afleck.

7.  Who do you admire most?  Hands down, my wonderful husband, James. 

8.  What's one thing you wish people knew about you most?
     God comes first in my life.

9.  If you could visit one place in the world, where would you go and what would you do? 
     I would go to Nashville,Tennessee and see a show at the Grand Ole Oprey!

10. If you could redo your wedding day, what would you change/ what would you keep?
      I would not change a thing and keep everything just as was.  I have had memories of that day in 1970 for over 42 years.  I cherish the memories!


Here are my nominations:

1.  For the Love of Baby Liam (Becky)
2.  Angel Steps (Trey's Mommy)
3.  On Stillness (Toren's Mommy)
                                 

2 comments: