Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Melt Down In Wal-Mart

I got up this morning with a "to do list" a mile long.  I rushed and was on my way to Wal-Mart by 8:00.  I had my list to go by and would be out soon.  It didn't work out that way.  I got caught up in the crafts section and started browsing through the neat craft ideas.  Then the cool Wilton baking section caught my eye!  So many ways to decorate a cake!  I have two cakes to bake this week.  James Collins, Jr's birthday is tomorrow, May 2nd,  while James' is the 4th.  I was taking too long looking and couldn't make a decision of what to buy.  I was also tired because I just haven't been getting enough sleep lately.  Then this woman just started yelling at her toddler to shut-up.  The child wasn't even whining that I could hear.  The loud voice of the mother continued, while I was trying to concentrate on what to buy to decorate James Collins, Jr's Angel Birthday cake with.  All of a sudden tears began falling down my face.  Why couldn't this woman just be happy that she had her child with her and handle it without yelling so everyone in the store could hear her?  After one more yell, I headed over to where she was to plead with her to please stop.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  The negative vibes were more than I could take.  I thought she was one aisle over according to her screaming.  As I got to the end of my aisle to find her, a Wal-Mart employee showed up to see what was going on.  She too was tired of it.  I just looked at her with my tears coming down.  With a sympathetic look from her, I knew she would take care of it.  I don't know what happened because I never saw the lady or child or heard her screaming again.
My head was hurting by now and my eyes were too, so I just left without buying a thing.  What a way to start the day.  Where's the Advil?

2 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of hugs and thinking of you as James Collins, Jr's birthday approaches <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gale My name is Sylvia, and I am the current holder of Patch the bear. You are next in line so I would love to touch base with you so that we can send him on to you as soon as my week is done. please email me at rayniehep@gmail.com

    Lots of love and hugs to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete