Monday, May 27, 2013

I Need A Miracle

I am angry at the Department of Vital Statistics in Raleigh.  I first brought you this story in March, twice in April, and now today May 27th.  After going to Raleigh, many phone calls a day and resending in a new application with a second certified check, plus my only original copy of James Collins, Jr's  Certificate of Fetal Death issued in May of 1975, I still have no Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth.  I argued the point that I needed to send in this precious copy that i had kept so safe for 38 years, but they insisted it was necessary, so I did send it, reluctantly. 

I have never receieved any conformation from the Vital Statistics Department that they received my package, although I I know through the post office that they did get it and who signed for it.  We were told that our certificate would be given priorty and the item they needed to get it out was MY original copy of the Fetal Death Certificate.  Well, where is it?

I am in tears.  I am so afraid I'll never get what is rightfully his.  I am afraid they have lost my original certificate and that is why I haven't heard from them.  If anyone reading this has any advice for me, please contact me!

We are calling once more tomorrow.  We are going to Raleigh to the department Wednesday morning.  We are heated.  Why does this process have to cause more grief to the already grieving?
I am ready to take a lawyer's letter with me.  I am going to try to get the MISS Foundation behind us as they have had experience with dealing with this kind of problem.

Even though I am angry, I feel defeated already.  They don't care about my dead son.  They don't know how I feel.  I am not asking for a pity certificate.  I want my lawfully certificate.  It belongs to us. 

I hope James will fight for this for me.  I am depleted.  If you knew me, you would know that this feeling is not at all like me.  I need to be supported.  Hopefully by Wednesday, the fight will be back in me.

The Department of Vital Certificates in Raleigh, NC SUCKS!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you that you would be able to get it and your original!

    ReplyDelete