Monday, July 1, 2013

Clouds

I am blogging today with photos and a few quotes for my Week 2 of  Project Illuminate.  I've chosen to use clouds to show light, darkness and shades of gray. 

I never thought of using clouds to relate to grief until I received a booklet in the mail from Billy Graham called, CLOUDS.  He sent me this booklet in 1975 after James Collins, Jr. was stillborn.  I still have it by my side.  What a different perspective it gave me on my grieving journey!  Clouds have many different shades, just as our lifelong journey of grief does.

                                                                       
 
"This thing, this blackness we call grief, menacing as the dark storm cloud
that moves in silent threat, never knowing at what moment it will strike and with what intensity."
Denise O' Andrea
 
 
                                                                              

                        "I've never been able to push the clouds away by myself.  Help me, please."
                                                               Rod McKuen

                                                                      
                                                                           
 
"Be still, sad heart, and cease repining.  Behind the clouds the sun still shining."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
 
 
"I feel like good things can still happen and that the sun is peeking through the clouds."
Mom to 4 and One Angel
 
 
"I can see clearly now the rain is gone...
gone are the dark clouds that had me blind..
It's gonna be a bright bright sun shiny day!"
Sung by Johnny Nash
 
 
On my grief journey I often encounter dark clouds, but then the sun breaks through and I am reminded that the Lord is my strength.    Malachi 4:2
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment